March 18, 2014

Quick Margarita Chicken Bowl

I'm a sucker for all foods Mexican. You say "cilantro," I say "bring it on!" My undying love for Hispanic herbs inspired me to create this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing a while back, which is sure to rock your world. Most recently I was inspired by Hungry Girl's makeover of Chili's Margarita Chicken Fresh Mex Bowl. Yes, it's another recipe including lime and cilantro, but I can't ever get enough, y'all!

I think this would make a teriffic lunch, but tonight I made it for myself for dinner. My husband got his tonsils removed this week, so he's been on a steady diet of all things mushy. I passed on the ramen noodles, and I took the opportunity to experiment a little with Hungry Girl's recipe. I used chicken that was already grilled, which saved me a huge step. So instead of marinating the chicken as suggested in the recipe, I just used the marinade as a dressing! I ditched the brown rice and avocado to keep the calories low, and I tweaked the measurements slightly to make it easier to measure out and calculate for all you My Fitness Pal and Weight Watchers gals. 

I really enjoyed this meal. It was filling and satisfying. A word of caution though, the jalapenos give it quite a kick, so adjust those accordingly. I'll definitely be making this again! Click below to get the full recipe.

Margarita Chicken Bowl
dishfulshrinking.com
Servings: 1 • Weight Watcher Points+: 7 points plus
Calories: 287 • Fat: 4g • Carb: 29g • Fiber: 5g • Protein: 35g • Sugar: 4g


Ingrdeients:

For the Chicken Bowl:
  • 1/2 cup salad greens of your choice
  • 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tablespoons canned corn
  • 2 Tablespoons canned black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 Tablespoons jarred jalapenos slices, drained and chopped
  •  3 ounces grilled chicken breast
  • 3 tortilla chip, crushed
 
For the Margarita Dressing:
  • 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
  •  2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped

Directions:

In a small bowl combine lime juice, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and cilantro. Mix well, and allow to sit while you prepare the chicken bowl.

In a medium bowl, combine salad greens, tomatoes, red onion, corn, black beans, jalapeno, chicken, and tortilla chips.

Pour prepared dressing over the entire chicken bowl, and enjoy!


0 comments :

Post a Comment