October 20, 2011

One Pot Beefy Cabbage Creation

After a disappointing .2 lb. weight loss last week, I'm happy to report that I lost 1.6 lbs. this week! I was a little nervous to step on the scale, but pleasantly surprised once I did. I blame last week on "woman issues" because I really didn't do anything different. So crazy how a woman's body works, huh? Regardless, I know I need to start adding exercise into the mix. I haven't started doing any activity yet. I'm just to lazy tired. So, all in all, a very successful week!
I wanted to share another recipe tonight. It's my Mom's creation. She's the queen of throwing things together and creating deliciousness. She doesn't have an official name for this dish so I made one up (hehe). At first glance, you may not seem tempted to try this, but, trust me, once you make it, you wont regret it! It's so yummy! And SoooooooooOOOoo easy!

One Pot Beefy Cabbage Creation
 Ingredients

1 Pound of Lean Ground Beef
1 Head of Cabbage
1 Cup of Shredded Carrots (I use the food processor to "shred" mine)
2 Cans of Diced Tomatoes
1 Tablespoon of Season All

Directions

Toss ground meat into a large pot and let it start browning (about medium-high heat). Chop up cabbage. Throw into pot. Stir. Shred carrots. Throw into pot. Stir. Open cans of diced tomatoes. Throw into pot. Stir. Toss in 1 Tablespoon of Season All. Stir. Cover the pot and let everything cook down for about 30-45 minutes on medium heat. Stir every now and again just to make sure nothing sticks. Clean up any messes from all that tossing and throwing *wink* Serve alone or over rice.

Makes about 7-8, 1-Cup servings. 
2 Points Plus Values per cup.

Enjoy!

0 comments :

Post a Comment